IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Sidewalk is looking to hire a leader for the finance organization who can help develop the financialinfrastructure needed for rapid growth.
The ideal candidate for the VP of Finance role will bring an entrepreneurial, strategic, and metrics-driven approach that can work well alongside Sidewalk’s CEO. The candidate will be responsible for creating best practices, implementing accounting technology, managing financial operations, and effectively communicating key performance metrics to both management and the Board of Directors (all with the goal of helping the team make data driven decisions). The VP of Finance must be willing to get his or her hands dirty in building the finance organization from the ground up, all while demonstrating strong financial operating acumen cultivated in an environment known for “best practices”.
Finally, the ideal candidate will appreciate the chance to grow and drive value in a promising technology business and participate in a highly collaborative and mission driven company culture.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates for the VP of Finance role will be measured against the following primary competencies:
Process and Data-Driven Financial Leadership
- The VP of Finance will bring a skillset focused on establishing and driving process into the finance organization at Sidewalk.
- The VP will be in charge of consolidating operations into one internal financial system, managing accountants, performing monthly closes, and reporting financials monthly to the board and management.
- The VP of Finance will improve how information is gathered, tracked, and delivered, create metrics to collaborate and manage more effectively, and standardize measurements of operational performance across systems.
- The VP of Finance will translate planned actions, metrics, and timing to assist in building the annual budget and track performance compared to the budget on a monthly basis.
- The VP of Finance will interface with Sidewalk’s management team, Board, and investors to clearly articulate financial performance and further drive insight into the strategic value levers of the business that enable revenue and earnings growth.
Disciplined Operating Experience in a Software Environment
- The executive will bring a demonstrated track record of effectively managing and growing enterprises where software and services is a core element of the business model.
- The executive will have the requisite knowledge of software revenue recognition rules and regulations, including those related to professional services revenues and recurring revenue streams.
- In addition to software revenue recognition, the executive will have a broad understanding of software operations and know what operational improvements can drive EBITDA margins.
- The ability to drive efficiency and billing consistency with contracts in a software environment is preferred.
Entrepreneurial Leadership Style & Strategic Partner to Key Decision Makers
- The successful candidate for the role will be a decisive, intelligent, and a results-oriented leader who understands how to be a strategic partner and trusted adviser to the CEO.
- He/she will be an effective communicator and cogently convey deliverables to the finance organization while participating in strategic discussions with senior management.
- The ideal candidate thrives in an entrepreneurial culture and is a pre-emptive self-starter who is able to complete tasks without detailed instructions.
- The VP of Finance will be able to thrive in an informal, low-hierarchy, entrepreneurial culture where decisions are made quickly.
- Given the Company’s expectation to grow significantly in the near term, the VP of Finance must demonstrate the financial sophistication, leadership, and discipline necessary to build out and mentor a growing team.