VP of Engineering
The Vice President of Engineering report directly to the CEO and manages the Development and Support of advanced technology Uninterruptible Power Systems, Power Conversion Systems and Power Control Systems for military and industrial applications where high reliability in harsh environments is required. Provides expert technical leadership for power electronics and embedded software to the team.
Requirements and Duties:
- Must have successful hands-on experiences with the design of all aspects of UPS and power conversion products using advanced state-of-the-art technology with focus on digital embedded DSP system controls.
- Emphasis is on high level of technical competence with innovative circuit design, firmware design and systems design based upon strong history of product design successes.
- Requirements are for the successful candidate to have experiences with a wide range of high frequency based power conversion topologies for DC-DC converters, Single & 3-phase Power Factor Correctors, Inverters, Chargers, etc. and with the integration of embedded microcontroller and DSP support systems for the most efficient hardware and firmware control for integrated products.
- Requires experiences with embedded microcontroller circuitry designs, communications interface designs and embedded software control systems including paralleling of inverters for AC output UPS systems in an N+1 redundancy environment.
- Must be able to design circuits and integrated systems to achieve very highly reliable and cost effective power conversion products for volume production.
- Must be able to direct the layout of design circuit boards to achieve noise free products efficiently to move products to producible state in short time frames.
- EMC and magnetics design experiences are required.
- 15 to 20years closely related experience with UPS designing and DSP digital controls product implementation.
- Must be able to prioritize work load and work in a multitasking small company fast track environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills are required
- Management and leadership training
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, required
- Advanced Degree in Power Electronics Engineering and Advanced Control Systems, preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven hands on experience as required for managing development teams in a fast track high growth technology company environment.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a diverse engineering development team to achieve excellent engineering designs meeting aggressive schedules.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with the Engineering
- Team, the CEO and other members of the Top Management Team with full transparency
- Must be able to prioritize work load in a multitasking and active growth environment with positive It Can Be Done motivation skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others including the CEO and Management Team.
- Proven ability to achieve assigned goals and to flow down written goals to the Engineering Team members with appropriate over sight to ensure successful achievement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer related tools.
- Very strong work ethic with determination and focus to achieve challenging goals. Willingness to work a flexible schedule
No relocation available for this position. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
All applicants will receive consideration for employments without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, and status with regard to genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local laws. If you require assistance due to disability, you may contact 714-921-4023.
About IntelliPower Inc.:
Since 1988, IntelliPower, a profitable growing privately-held corporation, designs, develops, manufactures and supports high performance, rugged, specially-configured Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS), Power Conditioners, Frequency / Power Converters. Markets include industry-leading OEMs, Systems Integrators and major users for mission critical military, industrial and commercial applications. IntelliPower’s major strength’s include supplying high reliability power protection and conversion solutions for harsh environment supported by excellent support services. Our solutions exactly meet all of our customers’ requirements. IntelliPower has become the leader in supplying rugged power solutions for military and industrial harsh environment applications and is continuing to grow by increasing market share.
IntelliPower’s client list includes: General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Cubic Defense Systems, SAIC, BAE, Raytheon, L3 Communications, National Oil Well Varco (NOV), Caprock Communications, Weatherford International, Halliburton, Schlumberger, all branches of the United States Military, and otherindustrial and commercial users. IntelliPower has won far more military programs than any other UPS company including very large programs such as the Navy CANES Program and the SEWIP Program, the Army CHS/Win-T Programs and the US Marines DDS-M Program. Maximum focus is placed on complete customer satisfaction at all times. General Dynamics and US Army have honored IntelliPower with their Outstanding Industry Partner Award for Excellence, 2014 Defender of the Year and 2106 Defender of the Year. Web site is: www.intellipower.com.
Rather than only offering a selection of fixed function models, IntelliPower has earned an outstanding reputation as the leader in the design and development of rugged multifunction UPS System and Power Conversion System features specifically tailored to the clients’ individual criteria to protect mission-critical applications in specific environments and operating with worldwide power sources. All IntelliPower rugged power conversion products are designed and configured using internally developed electronics hardware and firmwaretechnology. Moreover, our ability to provide timely and competent hands-on, support services, as well as engineering responsiveness and flexible manufacturing options have helped us become the industry leader in Uninterruptible Power Supplies for challenging harsh electrical and physical environments.
IntelliPower operates fully with its ISO 9001:2008 based QMS System, now moving to ISO 9001: 2015, covering all aspects of our business with heavy focus on Continuous Improvement. Our dedication to the highest standards of product development reliability and commitment to complete customer satisfaction has resulted in a very growth rates gaining new customers. IntelliPower has a very strong financialbalance sheet with no debt and consistent high profitability allowing us to support major projects and high volume production of specialized products.