Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager (TSM) to work with distributors in the channel that purchase directly from Pentair. The TSM follows a specific sales process to increase sales of current products and to introduce new ones. The TSM reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager and works closely with Dealer Development Managers to provide solutions for next-level customers (dealers), with a goal of growing the region’s sales and market share. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving performance against plan for assigned territory and critical breakthrough objectives including top line sales, new customer acquisition, and new product sales.
- Maximizing sales revenue, as well as targeting new business opportunities and new customers through an established distributionnetwork.
- Meets or beats monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Calls regularly on designated territory accounts; works with each account in the areas of training, marketing, and sales to form a mutually beneficial partnership.
- Manages the distribution within a multi-state territory
- Monitors competitive activity closely and communicates competitive intelligence regularly to the sales, marketing, and product management teams.
- Supports the implementation of CRM tools and drives standardization, process, and optimization through the sales organization to ensure tools are fully utilized and standard process is implemented to maximize growth.
- Maintains current and accurate records of sales performance, planning, and account information.
- Develop a pipeline for future revenue & build growth strategies & long term sales plans.
- Seeks continuous improvement in regard to technical expertise and product knowledge; commits to learning about new products and marketing them to their accounts.
- Attends trade shows as requested and assists in selecting and preparing sales and promotional material.
- Provides management with customer forecast data in a timely manner
- Operates within expense budget.
Accurately maintains CRM opportunities and accounts
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent
- 3+ years in field sales
- Technically competent; water treatment experience not a necessity
- Experience in sales at a manufacturer is a plus
- Experience selling through multiple channels (Distribution, Wholesalers, Dealers, OEM’s, etc)
- Skill in Microsoft Office
- Travel 70% of the time
- Embraces a “win right” attitude
- Welcomes and often drives change
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Collaborates across all business functions
- Negotiates effectively
- Builds and sustains relationships
- Understands financial metrics and goals
- Makes data-driven decisions
- Resolves conflict swiftly
- Manages time effectively