Crown Castle provides wireless carriers with the infrastructure they need to keep people connected and businesses running. With approximately 40,000 towers and 26,500 miles of fiber supporting small cells, Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure with a significant presence in the top 100 US markets. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $44 billion.
Position Title: Technical Training Manager
The Technical Training Manager will champion innovation and continuous improvement by gathering and prioritizing training needs. This will include facilitating the design of the training programs and collaborating with Subject Matter Experts in developing training that is reflective of the business objectives. The Technical Training Manager will provide training framework and deliverables that inspire employees to achieve the highest levels of performance. As a service the Technical Training Manager will facilitate implementation plans and the creation of evaluation and measurement of results for (assigned) training initiatives that support current and future business initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver training to end users through classroom sessions, workshops, individual coaching, or other teaching/training methods personally and/or in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s). Ensure that the training and delivery methods are appropriate for course and audience levels.
- Responsible for developing assessment tools for courses and student-employee’s progress. Develop and maintain training records for employees. Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and courses.
- Influence and facilitate cross-functional collaboration. Work across departmental and organization boundaries, collaborating with various departments including IT, Area, and corporate management to effectively translate business needs into training courses and objectives.
- Develop communication and programming strategy to implement change initiatives.
- Responsible for project management of online training development programs, materials, and other online training resources.
- Continuously seek feedback, ideas, and suggestions to improve trainee performance, training policies and new training initiatives.
- Identify, assist with design, and facilitate training for the workforce. Help to develop, market, and deliver organization-wide projects and/or programs.
- Develop course curriculum, programs, and teaching alternatives to engage a diverse technical workforce through an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic learning experience.
- Effectively translate training media to solve reality-based, on-the-job work requirements and issues.
- Prepare instructional materials such as training aids, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids (and/or presentations) for training programs.
- Support in instructional design process and ensure that materials are relevant to the training initiatives in focus.
- Integral part of the Sharepoint delivery; responsible for development of content and other information as applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field (or equivalent job experience)
- Previous Management experiencepreferred
- Five (5) years of professional level technical/industry experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in designing, implementing and providing instruction on technical/industry training
- Strong technical aptitude in using computer-based design programs
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and instructional
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on coaching, influencing and consulting
- Ability to communicate technical and conceptional information to groups or individuals in a clear and concise manner
- Proven success with adult learning principles, methodologies and course design techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of the issues and implications of in-class and distance learning along with mitigation strategies for dealing with them
- Must be highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent customer service skills/orientation
- Proven success working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Thorough understanding of the department and organization’s goals and objectives