A Development Tech Lead is a hands-on technical lead who is comfortable coding while also overseeing the daily work of the development team. This includes providing ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile story delivery, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. An engineering tech lead will need to have strong SOA, Java micro-services, REST, and Messaging techniques software engineering experience and be hands-on as needed as well as have Big Data and NoSQL development experience. The successful applicant will work closely with Product Managers, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Architects in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and enterprise solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead the core development team and project deliverables.
• Lead design and deployment planning for enterprise applications, systems interfaces, high volume performance, and scalability with project and offshore teams.
• Own development team’s tools, processes, and quality / performance of the work produced by the team.
• Work in a full Agile collaborative environment - including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Collaborate with Product and Project management to estimate and plan work, provide status updates to stakeholders and executives.
• Work with engineers, software architects and quality engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with distributed enterprise teams across various time zones.
• Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
• Hands-on system design and development as needed.
• Hands-on mentoring of the team.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years as a technical lead in a web environment.
• 5+ years full life cycle development Java development experience.
• 4+ years experience with SOA, Java micro-services, Cassandra, big data, data structure/algorithms, performance tuning, multithreading, Spring, RDBMS, Continuous Delivery, and Kafka/Messaging.
• 2+ years experience of implementing NoSQL technologies. Cassandra experience preferred.
• Experience or passion for high performance, scalable engineering and big data.
• Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
• Experience with Object Oriented Design patterns.
• Experience working with and tuning high volume web applications a strong plus.
• Experience with UML diagramming is required.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.