This position focuses on collecting and documenting business requirements that drive the design of business systems solutions. They are able to articulate current state business processes, identify gaps or pain points in the workflow and identify future system needs. In partnership with business, they define the roadmap for the program, and then represent the user experience and business priorities to technical teams – who will execute on that vision. May also participate in business planning, needs analysis and business risk assessment, leading business process redesign, acclimating business processes to changes in technology and consulting with the customer on how to best support the business through the effective use of technology.
Possesses advanced expertise in a wide range of tools for process analysis and requirements development and documentation, and the proven ability to add value to multiple areas of the business by supporting the most complex (large work type 2 and work type 3) projects that typically involve multiple systems, new technologies, and multiple stakeholders who may have competing and/or conflicting needs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Works with customers to define the business problem or opportunity and leads the effort between the project team and the customer to establish a shared vision.
• Works with the customer and team to identify and prioritize business requirements and benefits and drives release planning.
• Elicits and gathers customer requirements used to develop functional specifications, develops the specifications, and verifies that they respond to business needs. Conducts business process mapping and develops use cases for the planned release.
• Leads the conceptual development of the business solution and defines and analyzes current system functionality and interfaces..
• Ensures that customer expectations are met with the product design.
• Identifies major risks associated with the business solution.
• Keeps the customer aware of the project status and critical issues and risks.
• Obtains customer sign off at appropriate checkpoints.
• Develops testing strategy. Creates testing specifications and internal test plans and scripts.
• Leads, coordinates and ensures the completion of testing phases to include system/integration, performance, stress, customer, and regression.
• Acts as lead in developing best practices, standardization and tools (templates, formats, processes/procedures, defect management plans pertaining to testing).
• Manages day-to-day project-related activities. Produces, drives, and manages project schedules, status, resources, deliverables, issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the team. Builds team consensus and has responsibility for the execution and final delivery of the project.
• Drives, communicates, and manages the risk management process. Conducts post-phase evaluations and communicates “lessons learned” and best practices to management.
• Resolves conflicting/competing needs from different areas of the business, tactfully, and in a way that satisfies all parties.
• Effectively assesses risk and develops contingency plans and recommendations when anticipated situations arise.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 6 - 8 years business analyst, project management, usability, or systems consulting experience (preferably in an IT environment).
• Experience with Agile methodology and Fraud background experience is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, writes, and interprets business and technical documents.
• Excellent leadership, facilitation, multitasking, and interpersonal skills, with ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
• Able to understand and take specific direction to complete tasks; uses good judgment in selecting appropriate work procedures or approaches, with guidance. Seek advice and approval to expedite results.