Green Dot Corporation, along with its wholly owned subsidiary bank, Green Dot Bank, is a pro-consumer financialtechnology innovator with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. Green Dot invented the prepaid debit card industry and is the largest provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services in the United States. Green Dot is also a leader in mobiletechnology and mobilebanking with its award-winning GoBank mobile checking account.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary, TPG, Green Dot is additionally the largest processor of tax refund disbursements in the U.S. Green Dot's products and services are available to consumers through a large-scale "branchless bank" distributionnetwork of more than 100,000 U.S. retaillocations and neighborhood financial service center locations, online, in the leading app stores and through 25,000 tax preparation offices and leading online tax preparation providers. Green Dot Corporation is headquartered in Pasadena, Calif., with additional facilities throughout the United States and in Shanghai, China.
Green Dot’s Technology Operations department is responsible for developing and enhancing infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Systems Engineering, the System Engineer will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high-level support of all existing and new Windows Server infrastructure. As a member of the team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
The ideal candidate will also provide systems/application administration and support for a broad array of internally developed and 3rd party products.
Perform systems and application support that consists of production support, software/application configuration management, installing software upgrades and patches, and deploying middleware applications.
The System Engineer will work with all of the IT development and QA teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the infrastructure that supports the company's IT data integrations initiatives.
- Manage the production systems in a racked Windows/Intel environment, including the following: Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, MS Terminal Services, Citrix VDI, IIS, MS SQL Server, WSUS, MS MQ, IBM MQ, Virtualized Infrastructure (VMware), F5 Load Balancers
- Monitor windows environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms.
- Provide Level III support and repair.
- Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, virus scanning, etc.
- Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols. Meet or exceed SLA obligations consistently and on an ongoing basis, allow for accurate metrics to measure response time, meet BCP requirements for offsite access, and reduce the time needed to address hardware/software failures.
- Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support (rotation-based / full week support)
- Author internal documentation, such as environment or application diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes etc.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of web and application server architecture
- Practical application of Powershell or otherScriptinglanguages
- 3+ years of managing an enterprise Windows Server environment
- Microsoft suite of applications, including clustering (2008/2012/2016), IIS, Active Directory (GPO), MS Terminal Services, MS System Center, WSUS, , F5 or equivalent enterprise load balancing technologies
- High Availability and IT Security concepts as they relate to Systems architecture.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues quickly and efficiently, including identification of bottlenecks, performance tuning, etc.
- Ability to take ownership and drive resolution when issues arise
- Must understand and champion the following of established processes and procedures
- Must understand the criticality of change control procedures
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The attitude to support a rapidly changing enterprise environment
Additional Skills Desired
- Experience with IBM MQ or MSMQ
- Experience with SPLUNK
- Experience with AppDynamics
- Citrix VDI or other similar VDI solution (highly desire)
- MS SQL
- Virtualization technologies with VMware vSphere 5/6 and Hyper-V, or Citrix (highly desire)
- Business Continuity Planning
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability , protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.