With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Today our rapidly growing national security space business supports a variety of cutting-edge missions ranging from small mission/concept studies to medium-sized technology demonstration programs, to large-scale national programs; and our work spans the entire life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch, early ops, and mission ops/sustainment.
We currently have challenging technical work at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. If you’re looking for the next big step in your career, you’ve come to the right place because at Orbital ATK you can join a highly innovative and motivated team that is making a direct impact in advancing the technology that is protecting our nation’s security
As part of the Orbital ATK National Security Space Mission Systems Engineering team, this position will perform a wide range of systems engineering tasks with opportunities for customer engagement and concept development. Under guidance from the systems engineering team, the position is expected to participate in the design, assessment, development, implementation and testing of various mission design updates enhancements to improve the effectiveness of an operational system. Experience in astrodynamics, mission analysis, software integration and testing, or mission operations is a plus. The position will have to coordinate with technical personnel at multiple sites. Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and CONOPS development.
- Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data while under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Implements and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Supports system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Supports the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Implements and manages system requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Revises and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Manages the requirements verification database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
- Participate in RFI response and proposal efforts for new business efforts
- Provides data to risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
- Implements changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Participate in Engineering Review Boards and Software Configuration Control Boards.
- Implements system architectures(s) that capture the system logical/functional views and captures the system physical view - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Attends and prepares materials to supports major and monthly program reviews.
Job ID: BME20170208-40613