Systems Engineer III, Windows will provide analysis, administration, and engineering for the company’s different systems i.e., Windows, VMware, and Citrix. Ensure system performance and manage capacity. Design, specify, and implement technology in support of company’s missions. Serve as specialized tier receiving escalations form Windows Administrators.
Essential Duties of Position:
- · Functions as the first level of incident escalation for IT Service Desk
- · Analyze, prepare specifications, evaluate software/hardware, prepare time and cost estimates.
- · Administration of system environment, security, system performance, reliability
- · Trouble shooting, performance tuning, system reporting. Manage capacities
- · Interact with Vendors, technical or sales teams
- · Incident escalation from system administrators
- · Preventive maintenance, scheduled updates, regular maintenance
- · Written documentation, technical skill knowledge and techniques.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Windows Server.
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
• System management software (MS SCOM/SCCM, Orion, CA, Open Manage, or similar).
• Dell servers.
• Scripting (Shell, Perl, VBScript, Powershell, Python).
• Virtualization concepts and technologies (Citrix, VMWare).
• Network concepts and technology (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS)
• Security concepts and technology
• Backup systems and principles (Symantec NetBackup)
• Ability to administer 24/7 server environments
• Active listening skills with the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical staff to resolve issues.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership, peers and customers. Work to resolve problem relationships.
• Thorough, organized, and detail oriented.
• Documentation, organization, and time management skills.
• Take initiative to improve processes, procedures, skills, and technical knowledge.
Additional Job Requirements:
• 25% Analyze requirements, prepare specifications, evaluate software/hardware, prepare time and cost estimates. Direct feasibility studies, investigate potential solutions, and make recommendations. Serve as lead on projects.
• 25% Advanced administration of system environment, security, system performance, reliability. Advanced analysis, trouble-shooting, performance tuning, and use of system reporting and management software. Manage capacities, not limited to disk, memory, CPU, VM, ports.
• 20% Provide general technical supervision and provide well written documentation and share technical skills, knowledge, and techniques with other technical staff. Interact with vendor technical and/or sales teams.
• 15% Act as advanced tier for incident escalation from Systems Administrators.
• 15% Ensure all systems and applications are backed up per established schedules. Perform/oversee backups. Oversee preventive maintenance, scheduled updates, and regular maintenance tasks. Schedule, perform, and monitor system backups.
- · Minimum six or more years of relevant experience in Information Technology with three or more years of specific experience supporting enterprise and medium to large-scale environments.
- · High School diploma or equivalent required.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field required.
- · Degree may be substituted with relevant work experience on a year for year basis.
- · Or an Associate Degree in Computer Science plus two (2) additional years of relevant computer support experience.
- · Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and may contribute toward education.