Harris Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Palm Bay, FL location. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Manage engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation and coordinating design review activities.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Assist with the development of top level specification and manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Develop CONOPS and Use Cases
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Manage risk and opportunity with internal and external customers; work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close program risks.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline)
- 8+ years of related experience (or 6+ years with a Master’s degree)
- C4ISR Systems and Operations experience
- Experience with position and timing navigation systems
- Communication Systems experience
- Knowledge of SATCOM terminals, datalinks and modems
- Battle Management Systems experience
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and business acquisition process
- This position requires the candidate to possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Job ID: ES20171707-19777