AECOM is seeking a System Engineer - Fire Protection for the Bluegrass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant project located in Richmond, Kentucky.
Typical Responsibilities Include
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
- Required to be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Analyzes problems and recommends improvements, changes, and value engineering proposals as appropriate.
- Assist in developing standing operating procedures and test procedures to support facility operation, maintenance and testing.
- Develops and performs engineering support to engineering change proposals.
- Develops thorough familiarity with plant equipment and systems.
- Performs technical evaluations of estimates.
- May provide leadership to assigned personnel in support of system testing and repairs.
- Serves as a team member for system tests, post maintenance testing and process checkouts.
- Maintains engineering documentation current.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of facility plans and procedures as required.
- Assist in development of test plans and reports as required for the technical support of assigned systems.
- Assists with the development and review of all standard operating procedures and maintenance procedures associated with the operation and maintenance of assigned systems as required.
- Completes training requirements for their job positions as required to complete assigned tasks.
- Provides technical input and guidance with respect to applicable corrective and preventive maintenance.
Relocation is provided with position.
BGCAPP is subjet to Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety Progra and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be place in a CPRP or UAP position requires US Citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: A Nationa Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this posiiton; The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Blue Grass Army Depot is required.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related field and 4 years’ plant systems experience
- Associate degree in engineering or related field and 8 years’ plant systems experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and 12 years’ plant systems experience
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) site access
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
- Must be able to solve complex problems and understand the impact of decisions upon the operation of the facility
- Have knowledge and understanding of technical documents, including specifications, drawings, test plans, standard operating procedures and system demonstration procedures
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to coordinate and prioritize projects, adapting to change as they occur
- Must be detail oriented and possess ability to manage complex and varied projects
- Must have good communication skills to provide technical assistance, presentations, and training to field personnel
- Related experience includes working in a plant systems engineering role in an industrial facility or environment
- Experienced in writing technical and test procedures
- Plant systems engineering expertise in one of the following areas required: demilitarization, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning, utilities, neutralization, supercritical water oxidation, chemical process, heat treatment systems or material handling
- Startup or operational experience in a nuclear facility, chemical processing plant, petrochemical plant or demilitarization facility
- Specific training on the theory and operation of chemical demilitarization systems
- Experience working in a toxic or hazardous material environment
- Experience working on Government project
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Access, Visio or equivalent
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.