11 - 15 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Complete Description :
The Systems Engineer will be the resident POC/SME per infrastructure platforms and systems engineering efforts as the MES Program matriculates from Conceptual phase through Implementation phase with a strong focus on ancillary applications.
· This position will be responsible for the coordination of and delivery of IT systems operational, engineering and technical support services to DMAS as a member of the IT Services Team within the Division of Information Management.
· This position supports the coordination of and delivery of IT system engineering and operational support services to include IT system engineering, IT operational issues, IT infrastructuresupport services, IT server management and asset inventories, requests for new IT infrastructure services, improvements in IT workflow processes and internal DMAS agency specific IT application support with a focus on MES program applications.
· This position supports the IT Services Team by being a technical subject matter expert relating to MES program IT infrastructure; MES program ancillary applications, agency wide IT systems support and participation in oversight of the agency server and network footprint with a main focus on the MES program.
· This position provides technical guidance, knowledge, and delivery of technical services in support of agency specific IT systems and resources.
· This position serves as a resource to the Agency IT Resource (AITR) by collaborating with VITA/NG IT Partnership resources meeting all VITA/NG policies, guidelines and standards for any effort related to the general scope of IT activity within DMAS. This position is administrative in nature and does not have physical requirements other than normal office work. There may be occasional lifting up to 25 pounds including activities such as moving files and small equipment.
Required /Desired Skills
· The MES Systems Engineer will have experience with large enterprise system infrastructure platforms to include network communication/topology.
· Experience includes server infrastructure, messaging and directory services, systems engineering design/implementation, IT security and IT disaster recovery.
· Experience relating to systems engineering of large enterprise systems with a specialty in at least two of the areas specified above.
· Experience in IT server based applications and the life-cycle management with a demonstrated ability and skill to analyze, evaluate, and resolve problems
· Experience in IT server and network systems with emphasis on IT systems engineering and operations technical support services.
· Experience bringing new Infrastructure platforms to fruition from concept to implementation.
· Experience providing IT customer service and IT customer relationship building.
· College Degree in IT field and/or at least 12years of IT experience.
· ITIL Foundations certification is highly preferred.
· Experiencesupporting or working in a Medicaid services environment.