We are looking for System Administrator - Virtualization for our client in Melbourne, FL / Rochester, NY
Job Title: System Administrator - Virtualization
Job Location: Melbourne, FL / Rochester, NY
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Administrate the following Server hardware platforms: VMware Products (ESXi 6.x, VMware vCenter), Storage Area Networks (SAN's), as well as DELL and HP products.
- Install, configure, and manage Hyper-converged systems
- Orchestration and automation of workloads in Azure, AWS, and VMware, and private clouds.
- Administrate Active Directory, Exchange 2010/2013, Windows Software Update Services (WSUS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Citrix XenApp 6.5, VDI, DHCP, DNS, Print & File Servers, Veritas Cluster Server, and Microsoft clustering.
- Administer system security tools (i.e., Symantec End Point Protection, NTP, AV, and McAfee Solidcore).
- Perform configuration and set-up of physical and virtual severs Windows 2008/2012/2016.
- Participate in On-call support, scheduled weekend outages, and Disaster Recovery activities as required.
- Create and document templates for Windows server configurations, builds, and baselines.
- Document all procedures and installs of new products.
- Review documentation to ensure that it meets testing standards, document trouble shooting, and restoral activities.
- Create test plans which will allow for a proper evaluation of hardware and software being considered for implementation. Familiarity with Symantec NetBackup 7.x and Cohesity.
- Prepare specifications for commercial off the shelf hardware, software, and services.
- Evaluate vendor submissions for compliance with customer's specifications.
- Prepare and present training information to technical staff and user personnel.
- B.S. in Information Systems, Engineering, or an equivalent degree is required.
- 5 years of current (within the past year) related experience Administrating Windows Systems and Servers is required.
- Must have direct experienceworking with Microsoft Azure, AWS, or VMware cloud environments.
- Must have 3 years of experience with VMware, VDI, ESXi 6.x, or a VMware certification (VCP, VCP-DV)
- Must have experience with the DELL and HP Server hardware platforms Including blades and hyper-converged platforms
- Disaster Recovery, Back-up, Storage, and System Security tools knowledge (i.e., Symantec, McAfee, etc.) is also required
- Must be able to participate in a 24/7 "on call" rotation
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Nutanix and Cohesity
- Citrix server administration knowledge, and/or a Citrix certification, is highly desirable
- SCOM and SCCM experience, DNS, Print Server, File Server, Veritas, and Microsoft clustering (or scripting) would be helpful as well
- MCSA, MCP, or MCSE Certifications are highly preferred
- Knowledge of, and practical experience using, VBScript and PowerShell
- Knowledge and application of ITIL concepts, or an ITIL v3 certification is preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 20000
- Project Management or Project leadership experience would be useful
- Commitment to maintaining the highest standard of customer service is essential with outstanding oral and written communication
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations