What you’ll be doing...
The Consumer Products Solutions (CPS) Strategy Manager will be responsible for contributing to the development of a product pipeline that increases revenue and drives profitability for Verizon’s core business units with a specific emphasis on the telecommunications and new video and connectivity products.
- Conduct market research, develop analyses leveraging strategic frameworks, and build business cases to identify consumer trends and disruptive models for senior leaders.
- Make recommendations to senior leaders about Verizon’s prospective market position and commercial potential using structured scenario analysis, deep dives and conclusion formulation.
- Work with the CPS team to drive thought leadership on consumer needs, competitive behavior and technology domains.
What we’re looking for...
You are result oriented and a self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage end-to-end projects. You are someone that is comfortable working with both technical and business communities, is highly motivated, and is able to multitask on several products and programs independently. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate and present complex information in a way that people understand – whether verbal or written.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- An MBA
- Five or more years of professional experience in strategy consulting.
- Experience with strategic frameworks, business case development and investment analyses.
- Experience with strategy project scoping and delivery from initial sizing, identifying optimal approaches and analyses, collaborating and coordinating work product delivery, and conducting presentations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telecom industry trends and key business drivers.
- Primary research experience driving insights.
- Experience facilitating team meetings and cross-functional workshops.
- Capacity to lead and develop staff and cross-functional work teams.
- Ability to stimulate high quality output from other team members, and help establish a collaborative culture across teams.
- Strong business intuition, analytical skills, problem framing and solving capabilities (identify and test hypotheses, identify and present recommendations).