Job Overview: This position is for a technical role in the Product Engineering group, supporting new development and existing design of Electro Mechanical Connector Systems and components. The Product Development Engineer works with one or more Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to design, analyze, and implement product designs and design improvements in all phases of a product design lifecycle. The Product Development Engineer works with limited supervision, has strong technical skills, and can adapt and react quickly to internal and external customer demands.
Primary responsibility is to provide technical design, analysis, and guidance for new product development and product improvements. Has the decision-making authority on behalf of Mechanical Engineering for system and component design and the responsibilities for guiding and directing applicable IPT technical decisions and accomplishment of objectives.
Lead and participate in efforts to solve problems with product design, inspection, manufacturing, and test encountered by vendors, company operations personnel, and customers.
Plan, organize, control, and lead multiple simultaneous projects. Establish and oversee accomplishment of multiple project objectives.
Serve as primary technical contact for multiple teams and liaison between Mechanical Engineering and internal and external customers.
Support targets and milestones for project budgets and schedules. Participate in resolving program change of scope issues with Engineering Lead and Program Management.
Creates and/or guides the creation of technical documents, including Engineering drawings (following ASME Y14.5, ASME Y14.34 standards), test procedures, test reports, and design review material. Present product design and substantiating data and analysis, design findings and recommendations to customers and management.
Provide leadership, encouragement, mentoring, and coaching to co-workers. Provide direction to other engineers on project teams.
Ensure standardization of products and adherence to engineering processes across multiple projects. Supports continuous improvement by offering input to standard processes and procedures.
Anticipate and resolve major program obstacles to maintain overall schedule objectives and to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
Collaborate with peers and managers to determine key goals, objectives, and corresponding metrics. Review and amend these actions as appropriate. Focus on the timely achievement of these goals and objectives.
Interpretation of the engineering documents. Coordinate update of engineering documents.
Component design study and improvement for cost reduction and first time yield.
Leads and participates in cross-functional Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations. Provide engineering input and technical expertise and sound engineering judgment for failure investigation and for customer-returned hardware.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
· Minimum 5 years of Mechanical Engineering design experience utilizing 3D CAD software
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylum, or Refugee.
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Experience with Inter-Connect Devices, or electromechanical products
· Experience in the Aerospace/Defense Industry
· Experience with Pro/Engineer (Creo)
· Ability to apply of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles and perform tolerance stack-up analyses
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and material selection for engineering design
· Ability to perform basic structural and/or performance analysis.
· Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), and Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) principles.
· Experience with working on cross-functional teams.
· Good technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Req ID # 7007BR