Sr. Financial Analyst – Global Supply Management Finance, Indirect Spend
The GSM Finance role will be primarily responsible for supporting the Global Supply Management (GSM) Organization Indirect Team ($1.5B Global Spend)through a wide array of analytics and reporting activities. The GSM Organization is roughly 350 people world-wide and manages $6.7B direct material, indirect material & transportation company spend.
This role will play a key role as the Project Management/Finance Support for all indirect spend and will be the primary point of contact for the various Indirect Procurement VP. They will work closely to ensure manage project productivity and working capital results, refine reporting metrics and rhythms, bring visibility into the Indirect category spend, and help identify opportunities for future initiatives via deep data analytics.
The individual must be capable of leading change, building productive relationships across business units and functions, and must have a strong appetite for challenge and growth. Being able to bring enthusiasm, responsiveness, vision and solutions to the team is a key aspect of this role.
- Work with large amounts of data to standardize reporting and consolidate views in order to facilitate speed in decision making and actions
- Analyze available data and work to bring increased visibility into current gaps
- Understand the core functions of Indirect spend categories and provide guidance and partnership to sourcing teams
- The sole owner of standard & concise reporting, detailed analysis, and tracking for various GSM leaders and Indirect leads
- Recommend & drive improvement opportunities across the GSM organization
- Assist with linking the performance of the GSM team to the financial statements (P&L | Balance Sheet)
- Embrace a mentality of driving out process waste and making continual improvements
- Support development of supplier strategies by understanding financial positions of suppliers & the leveraging points
- Create presentations in support of budgets, strategic plans, quarterly reviews, monthly results etc.
- Provide the financial perspective & input to key initiatives & partners on internal improvement plans
- Bachelors Degree In Finance
- Masters in Finance or MBA preferred
- Participation in a formal Financial Leadership Program a plus
- Analytical skills | Be able to quickly identify key messages & set leadership on an efficient path for action
- Communication | Clear & engaging, needs level of comfort operating in a heavily matrixed organization
- Project Management | effectively manage multiple deliverables and priorities across teams
- Knowledge of Hyperion, SAP, Business Objects and key procurement solutions such as Ariba
- Mastery of Excel & PowerPoint as two heavily used tools
- Knowledge of procurement and key performance factors is helpful
- Process implementation experience
- Energy, vision and a dependability are three necessary strengths
- Can work without constant instruction with a high level of self-confidence and produce results quickly