Sr. Network Engineer
Location – Seattle, WA – In-person interview required.
1. experience with BGP
2. Experience with VPN
3. Load balancing experience
The Senior Network Engineer position will focus on Enterprise LAN/WANNetwork space. The Senior Network Engineer position engages in network operations activities and facilitates network design and planning. The engineer in this position interprets network data to troubleshoot issues and applies technical knowledge to resolve network incidents. This role manages network projects to both build out and lifecycle networkinfrastructure under limited supervision
• Contributes to long term networkarchitecture planning for specific network services.
• Contributes to short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
• Facilitates efforts to establish and review networkarchitecture, standards, and best practices for network design and implementation.
• Analyzes capacity issues.
• Executes regular planned maintenance and testing activities. Ensures networkinfrastructure is fully compliant with security guidelines.
• Develops and executes infrastructure automation tasks via Ansible, Python and other frameworks as needed.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
• Monitor network usage, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
• Identifies issues with network management tools.
• Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing data.
• Provide Tier III escalation support of network service incidents to diagnose problems and resolve time-critical issues.
• Take part in 24-7on call rotation
• Gather data to support root cause investigation of outages.
• Documents architectures, processes, as-built, projects, standards, and root cause analyses both in text and diagram form.
• Contributes to the formulation and implementation of installation standards and procedures.
• Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
• Manages projects under supervision
Summary of Experience:
• Full-time experience with medium to large scale enterprise networks (4+ yrs)
• IT customer support and service (4+ yrs)
• Experience with Cisco Systems switches and routers. (3+ yrs)
• Experience with TCP/IP, routing/switching concepts, and common routing protocols.
• Firewall experience including TCP/IP filtering, NAT, and statefull inspection (3+ yrs)
• Experience developing in structured programming frameworks or Infrastructure Automation in Ansible, Python or equivalent
• Knowledge and experience with Network management tools
• Experienceworking withtelecommunication vendors like AT&T, Verizon
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge proficiency with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
• Knowledge proficiency with IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF.
• Knowledge proficiency with WANtechnologies including MPLS, circuiting, and commodity peering
• Able to design and implement configuration solutions to meet customer requests.
• Ability to employ patience and empathy while dealing with conflict or differing viewpoints.
• Able to configure network hardware based on templates and networking best practices.
• Able to implement network performance improvements based on understanding of network trends and patterns.
• Able to build and maintain configuration templates guided by reference architectures and networking best practices.
• Verbal and written skills reflecting an ability to express oneself clearly and articulately. Fluency in technical terms relevant to networking.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to develop infrastructure automation playbooks for networkinfrastructure in Ansible.
Assists in conducting evaluations of new products and services. Assists with system updates and implementation activities, including requirements definition, planning, testing, product evaluations, integrations, deployment and support. 5+ years of experience.
This is a retailnetworking engineering role working on how the store networks connect to the data centers. They will be covering North America, Europe and Asia.
People who come from a cloud services company usually perform well. Will be working with stake holders.