Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The Global FIU is responsible for providing a consistent approach and oversight over the Anti-Money Laundering monitoring and investigative processes globally. Responsible for supporting the Global FIU Procedures & Training Head as applicable to program management and oversight:
• Support the update, maintenance, and creation of procedure/process documents as applicable
• Review FIU procedures globally to identify regional inconsistencies.
• Coordinate update of processes, procedures, and support documents in line with applicable Global AML Policy, the Global FIU Standard, Global FIU AML Investigations Operating Program, as well as, the Transaction Monitoring Case Disposition Standards and Procedures.
• Identify procedural opportunities and coordinate and complete updates as required
• Ensure Regional FIU Procedures are developed and maintained in line with the Global FIU Program
• Complete regularly scheduled and ad/hoc review of documents as required
• Interface with Global FIU stakeholders as applicable
• Coordinate, track, and document appropriate approvals of procedural documents
• Ensure adherence to change management processes for procedural updates
• Act as SME for NAM & Global queries associated with processes and procedures
• Evaluate program issues or inquiries against procedural requirements
• Create new processes and/or procedures as required to support Monitoring & Investigations program enhancements, new products and strategic AML projects
• Coordinate the intake of and response to International referrals and inquiries between Regional FIU units related to AML Case Review and Investigations
Complete procedure and program adherence:
• Collaborate with Regional FIU partners to ensure understanding of and adherence to procedures and processes enforced by Global FIU
• Support Global FIU in the execution of investigations processes against procedural requirements
Complete additional responsibilities as outlined by GFIU Procedures and Training Head.
• Four Year College Degree or equivalent experience• 5 - 8 years of relevant experience
• 3 + years’ experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or financial investigations
• 2+ years’ experience in managerial or training role
• Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements
• General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Embassies, and Correspondent Banking preferred as well as compliance with those business segments
• Experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements
• Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
• Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook
• Strong writing, analytical, and communications skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to multitask and complete projects on time
• Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision
• Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
• Ability to understand and comprehend complex products across all NAM business sectors.
- Job ID: 17022292