- Develop high level and detailed Product Test Strategies and/or Plans from the Product Specifications and Design Documents and by working with the Development Engineers. Be aware of and incorporate the appropriate industry standards into the new product. Incorporate reuse as often as possible.
- Obtain, setup, and maintain all test equipment required for Product Testing. Assist in development of any required test software programs needed to perform the testing.
- Design, test, and implement automation scripts across multiple projects and platforms.
- Debug and optimize automation scripts.
- Execute the system, acceptance or automated tests, document the results, and monitor the status of the system, acceptance or automated tests. This also includes creating scripts for automated tests, detecting defects, submitting defect reports, and verifying that the defects have been resolved.
- Maintain the highest standards and awareness of software quality. Develop test strategies and/or plans using applicable standards, tools and reporting methods.
- Independently executes tests and experiments.
- Interfaces with hardware, software, and systems engineers to evaluate test alternatives.
- Applies functional expertise routinely on the job.
- Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience: 3 - 5 years of software testing experience, including test automation
- License: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (POSITION REQUIREMENTS AT ENTRY)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Windows internals
- Scripting languages (C#, Python, Java, or Keyword)
- FDA guidelines and requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including technical writing
- Understanding of software engineering principles and concepts
- Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently on problems
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Detail oriented and organized
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENT
- Some weekend and evening work may be required to meet deadlines.
- Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment.
- The position is sedentary and requires typing and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs