Senior Software Engineer ( JAVA )
Infinity Insurance Company is a leader in bringing specialized automobile insurance programs to the marketplace. We deliver innovative products and services that are designed to meet the diverse and evolving insurance needs of consumers.
When we named our company "Infinity" we knew it was a bold title. Infinity means without end. For more than 50 years, Infinity has done justice to its name, searching for every possible way to offer the best service. The key to our ongoing success is excellence. We strive for excellence in every detail, from our policy offerings and insurance products to our hiring and training programs. We don't take excellence for granted. All of our hard work has paid off. We consistently outperform the industry by making auto insurance more accessible, easier to understand and affordable.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Designs, develops, tests and performs maintenance on Infinity’s Line-of-Business Software Applications applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis. Works closely with Software Architects in the definition of solutions. May work independently on tactical assignments and in the development of sub-system components.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Master’s degree and 2 years of experience. Those with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience may be considered.
2. Ability to articulate Object Oriented Concepts and have experience with Software development Life Cycle.
3. Competency in various software languages, tools and frameworks used by Infinity as specified for the position such as Java, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Webservices, HTML, CSS, XML/XPath, JSON, Subversion, Jenkins, Oracle11g, SQL, Tomcat/JBoss web-server.
4. Proven record of new application development and the ability to perform independently and/or leading small teams.
5. Proven support and maintenance of software applications and cross-training of other on named solutions.
6. Quickly develops and maintains insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Claims and Products as well as business knowledge in Operations, Finance and Marketing/Sales.