Welcome to AWS, the world leader in cloud services! Our technologies have already become a force that is making a difference in the lives of millions, yet new opportunities arise every day. AWS is growing so rapidly we need to hire software engineers of all experience levels.
Our organization, Kumo, is an AWS team that builds software which is helping customers (from startups all the way to Netflix and NASA) design and manage their AWS resources safely and effectively, we put the obsession in customer obsession.
The software our organization produces ranges from tools that enable the support engineers to diagnose and solve customer problems to predictive algorithms that warn customers of potential hazards and inefficiencies.
Our team specifically owns an application that enables support engineers to access AWS services on the customer's behalf and truly forms the basis for the outstanding customer support that AWS is known for.
Rather than specializing in any single AWS service our team offers the opportunity to gain broad expertise across all of them. It also offers a unique opportunity to work very closely with your direct customers, Amazon Support Engineers, who are part of the same organization.
We are a modern team that follows the best engineering practices like Continuous Deployment, Agile Sprints and Design Reviews.
Kumo really combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build, have fun and make history. Come join us!
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 10+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java or C#.
· Knowledge of software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build and deployment processes, testing and operations
· Effective verbal and written communication with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, define product features and develop technical designs.
· Experience driving collaborative projects from conception to delivery
· Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
· Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills to facilitate efficient and effective interaction with peers and customers
· Experience building solutions using AWS services.
· Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
· Experience in developing systems architecture