Upserve's Senior Mobile Developers solve complex technical challenges with intuitive design. We primarily use React, React Native, TypeScript, and Babel. Our whole environment is container-based with the support of our world-class Infrastructure team. This role has a lot of freedom in choosing technologies for the products we will be building.
A typical day may include:
• Developing mobile products that delight people, while maintaining a high quality bar
• Passionately sharing knowledge and best practices through team-based and one-on-one mentoring and guidance
• Engaging eagerly in the concept and design of features with Product, Design, and Engineering teams
• Analyzing user needs and determining technological feasibility of design within time and cost constraints and with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
• Developing and directing testing and validation procedures
• Owning and comfortably debugging shipped features in a proactive, pragmatic manner
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Developer that:
• Loves collaborating in a fast-paced, creative team
• Is a builder who values craftsmanship, innovation, and creative problem-solving equally
• Learns from missteps
• Is passionate about the Upserve customer experience and are savvy with mobile technologies
• Enjoys mentoring others
• Proven experience building innovative mobile/web applications
• Strong understanding of the Android or iOS ecosystem and their guidelines for app development
• Eager to garner feedback on your Pull Requests in order to grow
• Passionate about design communication, interaction and visual design
• Fully invested in the value of testable code and comfortable implementing testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine
• Able to prioritize effortlessly in the face of many competing interests by intuiting high-risk items
• Keen to contribute to accelerating the growth of an existing awesome team
• Well versed in instrumenting production releases to stay ahead of user and system events
What Upserve has to offer you:
We put family first. At Upserve that means making the choices that are right for you and taking the paid time off you need when you need it. We know it's impractical to assume that work never bleeds over into our personal lives, and vice versa. Instead of fighting to keep the two separate, we make sure that our perspective on family reflects the values of our employees.
We'll invest in your career. Upserve is growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. Through our internal learning and development resources and our partnership with Vista Equity Partners, you'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs.
We care about your wellbeing. We pay 100% of your medical and dental insurance coverage, offer tax savings plans for retirement and dependent care, subsidize your transportation costs, offer a generous and inclusive parental leave, and provide catered lunches/meal allowances.
We offer competitive compensation packages. Our people matter! We don't ignore the role that compensation has on motivation and performance so we strive to equitably compensate our people.
We're creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are a diverse group, so we're building a team that is too. Through our various D&I recruitment partnerships, intramural sports, quarterly engagement and feedback surveys, and more. We're building an organization that provides our employees with the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive by putting everything they need in one place. We are a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 57 million active diners, process over $12 billion in annual sales, and to serve over 36 million meals per month.
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve and we partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Want to know what it's like to work at Upserve? Check out our Inside Upserve.