As the Senior Manager for Global Talent Operations in Nike’s HR Direct organization, you will lead a globally distributed team across 3 regions that is responsible for the generation of legally required employment documentation and paperwork for more than 100,000 hires/moves/exits annually. Areas of focus include the guidance of a global team that serves more than 50 countries across 3 regional centers, and the standardization of global and regional services to enable Nike Inc.’s growth plans.
As the leader of a global team, you will be responsible for to leading, strengthening and inspiring the Regional Talent Operations Managers to ensure Service Levels are met including timeliness, quality and customer service metrics. Additionally, you will interface daily with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders and must be a student of the global employment landscape.
You will be an integral member of the Global Workforce Administration (WFA) Leadership Team, reporting to the Global Director of Workforce Administration.
• Provide guidance and direction for Global and Regional Talent Operations services through the executing of consistent, global processes.
• Manage the performance of the 3 Regional Talent Operations Managers and hold them accountable for the performance of their respective Regional Teams.
• Manage the workload and distribution of responsibilities between the regional teams.
• Ability to develop and maintain a “team of teams” of Talent Operations specialists with multinational skills. Ensure the teams are properly trained, accountable and equipped with the resources needed to deliver results.
• Work with the Regional and Functional Director to staff and guide the Talent Operations function, provides performance evaluations and feedback, and identifies and supports workforce opportunities for growth.
• Be accountable for the on-time, on budget delivery of global and regional Workforce Administration projects and initiatives
• Partner with other HR Direct functions, COEs, HRBPs or other business functions to find common solutions
• Ensure compliance to relevant policies and procedures as well as all relevant country laws and regulations.
• Guide the rollout of new/updated policies and procedures applicable to the Talent Operations function.
• Instruct and train Talent Operations managers and team members to have the the experience and knowledge to enable handling of complex issues / exceptions.
• Guide Global and Regional key performance indicators.
• Report performance against Service Level Agreements and performance targets on a monthly basis through the HRD monthly scorecard
• Make suggestions to improve processes where necessary to ensure the efficient operation of Talent Operations processes.
• Ensure effective communication and conflict guidance.
• Demonstrated leadership and team management skills, with experience managing distributed teams
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written/verbal) skills
• Overall knowledge of HR policies, operations & best practices
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with Business Partners, and appropriate parties, to facilitate the optimal functioning of Talent Operations, and define services and service level agreements to enable the growth plans of Nike, Inc.
• Typically requires a 4-year college degree and 5 - 8 years closely relevant work experience
o Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 3 yrs; Masters + 4 yrs; Associates degree + 6 yrs; High School + 7 yrs
• Knowledge of Global Employment Law and Compliance considerations
• Experience working in a shared and collaborative HR Shared Services environment
• Prior experience with HR Talent Operations policies & processes
• Ability to sweat the details - detail orientation and willingness to ‘roll up the sleeves’ to support the team where needed
• Awareness and working knowledge of navigating the legal and employment landscape of the various countries in relation to HR services
Job ID 00263959