Performs management, planning, organization, leading, and controlling the activities of teams of technical specialists in support of one or more clinical application or technical support area of moderate to high complexity and scope. Ensures delivery of work to schedule, within budget and to customer satisfaction.
Ensures growth of staff through mentoring, regular supervisions, provision of educational opportunities and resource management.
Serves as primary resource for other clinical and ancillary application team members on technical and functional application analysis, defining system requirements and developing logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance, workflow and data integrity for the Enterprise Clinical Application systems.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Provide team leadership and coordination of clinical systems projects, tasks, and initiatives.
2. Provides customer relationship management, definition of needs, and coordination of customer needs with team plans.
3. Develop and implements plans, controls, procedures, etc. that ensure the stability of the production applications according to service levels agreed upon with customer.
4. Prepare management and progress reports of project status, resources, timelines and deviations. Introduces new technologies, solutions, and alternatives to support changing business and operational needs.
5. Ensures accurate and timely resource allocation and project staffing.
6. Provides applications development work-plans, evaluation of multiple design alternatives, and testing
7. Gather and translate healthcare provider requirements into clinical and ancillary application solutions that satisfy customer needs.
8. Provides systems design analysis, risk evaluation and project requirements clarification.
9. Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations; UTHSC-H policies and procedures; and Regents rules.
10. Assists the Executive Director in budgeting and strategic planning.
11. Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regards to: recruiting and selection; hiring and termination, training, development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience with computer hardware, software and programming; excellent technical and general communication skills, both verbal and written, including specific skills such as presentation skills, leading/participating in group sessions, and the ability to communicate complex subjects. Certifications or training in Project Management and other management disciplines preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Eight (8) years of experience in clinical applications and Dicom modality support, preferably Allscripts, ECW, GE CPS, and various PACS; with five years management experiencerequired.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.