Senior Infrastructure Engineer ( eCommerce Automation / Monitoring )
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere omni-channel retailer. Macy’s technology hub, Macy’s Technology (M*Tech) strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
The incumbent will be a seasoned professional and experienced technical contributor in the eCommerce Infrastructure Operations organization who has eCommerce system expertise with infrastructure knowledge. Advises on discrete technology-related business problems, formulates options including assessing their relative merits and risks, and works with to determine the best solution for the business. Acting independently with minimal direction, supports the management team in providing leadership, technical consulting and expertise in the analysis, troubleshooting, modification, and deployment implementation of highly complex ecommerce systems that conform to M*Tech standards and methodology. Using a logical, systematic, and efficient approach, able to analyze a wide variety of technical problems in an operational setting, determine root cause, develop solutions, and implement fixes to the problems in a rapid-pace environment. Adept in installation, tuning and troubleshooting, given hands-on experience with java application servers and web servers; including. Possess technical knowledge of all areas that support the eCommerce systems, including operating systems, network, security, and storage. Form productive networks with internal and external customers. Customize presentations to the interests of the audience. Interact regularly at the Director level with customers. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Leads incident management efforts of low to medium-impacting incidents across own team and external teams, troubleshoots technical problems with production and non-production infrastructure and systems in an operational environment, determines root cause for problems and determines solutions.
• Leads deployment activities to production and non-production environments and supervises the configurations for Web Applications using technologies such as WebSphere or JBOSS.
• Keeps management well informed on a timely basis of progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment, communicates clearly and effectively with senior management on technical issues.
• Creates and maintains documentation on existing ecommerce systems, such as root cause analysis documents, triage and rescue procedures, deployment steps, etc.
• Participates in the creation of team processes and coordination measures relating to the teams' efficiency. Recommends process changes.
• Mentors other team members on technology and processes.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable on site attendance & punctuality.
• Candidates for this role must be able to interpret raw data being presented by various monitoring and alerting tools to develop conclusions on the health status of the various layers and systems in the macys.com and bloomingdales.com ecommerce sites.
• Candidates must be able to determine when and how to escalate issues to senior management, must be able to decide when and how to work with a variety of internal and external teams, and must be able to decide on best solutions for technical problems.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Candidates in this role need to have 5-7 years of experience supporting a high trafficked eCommerce site (operations experience a strong plus).
• 5-7 years of experience with industry standard web application servers (WebSphere or JBOSS experience a plus). JBoss Certification a strong plus.
• 5-7 years UNIX experience (including AIX, Linux) is a must.
• 5+ Years development background is a plus
• 5+ Years Monitoring tools is a must: Splunk, DynaTrace, KeyNote, Nagios.
• 5+ Years Devops experience in Chef/Puppet & GIT is a must.
• 5-7 years of experience with industry standard web servers (IHS or Apache experience a plus).
• 5-7 years of experience with a Build and Deployment tool (uDeploy a strong plus).
• 5-7 years of experience with SQL (DB2 experience a plus).
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.