Tesla Motors is seeking a SeniorImmigration Paralegal to join its in-house immigration program. This position will report to senior legal counsel and will assist in handling a large portion of immigration matters in-house (specifically the preparation and filing of employment-based, non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications). This position is also responsible for compiling and maintaining various immigration status reports.
Start-to-finish preparation of employment-based immigration petitions with minimal assistance and supervision, including:
- O-1, H, L-1, TN, H-3, and E-3 visas;
- EB-1, NIW, PERM, I-140 petitions and I-485 applications, including handling of recruitment steps necessary to sponsor a foreign national employee for PERM.
- Regularly provide instruction and advice to Tesla employees and foreign nationals on immigration practices and procedures.
- Assist with any problems that may arise relative to a foreign national's immigration status.
- Ensure employee and employer compliance with Tesla’s new immigration policy and procedures.
- Evaluate issues for escalation as needed.
- Prepare monthly status expiration reports and update immigration tracking system.
- Assist with the coordination of Global immigration services for Tesla employees assigned to work in foreign countries.
- Bachelor’s degreewith a strong academic background or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Minimum of 8 years of immigration paralegal experiencerequired.
- In-depth knowledge of immigration law, including experiencewith each visa type mentioned above.
- Experiencewithin an in-house immigration team at a large company or a large volume law-firm immigration practice group.
- Strong legal writing and drafting skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must.
- Experiencewith Tracker Immigration Software is a plus.