More information about this job:
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial analysis and accounting support in the Financial Services department.
- Prepare monthly clinic revenue entries, including contractual allowance adjustment, and allowance for bad debt. Calculate monthly allowance estimates.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for the accounts receivable, allowances and bad debt accounts.
- Provide monthly analysis of Clinic revenue and contractual amounts, including payor and provider trends.
- Reconcile the patient refund checks issued vs. the checks submitted.
- Assist Director, Financial Reporting & Analysis with the annual budget, and periodic forecasts.
- Support Assistant Controller in month end close process.
- Prepare financial analysis and other projects as assigned.
- With the aid of the Assistant Controller, collate and prepare information for government surveys and insurance renewals
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to identify trends and benchmarks.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience
- Experience in Healthcare/hospital finance environment (Non-profit experiencedesired)
- Lawson and NextGen software experience a plus
- Good understanding of Accounting principles
- Advanced Microsoft applications skills, including but not limited to: Excel, Word.
- Ability to mine databases and extract relevant data.
- Experience with third party rate reimbursement, modeling, and budgeting
- Ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including those in senior leadership roles, to provide information and analyses required for financial decision-making
- Ability to communicate on one-to-one basis to educate managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
- Strong technical skills in the area of financial planning and accounting to support division leadership through the development of financial models, pro forma project reports, and financial analyses
- Ability to critically and constructively assess financial proposals put forth by Center and division leadership to support development of and/or make changes to projects that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization
- Ability to prioritize assignments to complete work in timely manner when there are changes in workload and pressures of deadlines.
- Desire to improve upon the status quo, always seeking to improve process efficiencies and further add transparency and clarity to the reporting function.