Senior Financial Analyst FP&A
5 - 7 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will be a key player in the budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis of the Company’s annual and mid-term financial and strategic plans. Provides cross-functional support and collaboration across the Company to execute high quality deliverables in a timely manner and assists with building overall planning process improvements including SAP Business Planning and Consolidation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates the development of annual and mid-term budgets and forecasts for submission and reporting to corporate management and external parent company.
2. Develops and owns monthly management reporting packages including plan-to-variance analysis for key performance indicators such as operating expenses, capital, and headcount.
3. Assists with development of financial and operational performance metrics.
4. Supportsother members of the FP&A team in analyzing cost trends and providing financial insights to business partners.
5. Manages special finance and ad-hoc projects.
6. Partners and supports the development of automated processes including implementation of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation.
7. Collaborates cross-functionally with key stakeholders to continuously understand and identify areas of improvements for planning, reporting, and analysis.
8. Proactively questions current practice and identifies root cause issues and process improvement opportunities.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or otherquantitative field.
2. Five to ten years of overall experience, preferably including at least four years of corporate setting FP&A experience (manufacturing, customer service, R&D focus, made-to-order or aerospace industry a plus).
3. Multi-yearfinancial planningexperience, including developing complex business and financial models (cost accounting experience a plus).
4. Prior experience leading, mentoring, and coaching less seasoned financial analysts is a plus.
5. Strong bias towards automation, systems and computer science.
6. CPA, and/or MBA (or other graduate degree) a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Understanding of internal controls, data integrity, and ability to identify risks.
2. Excellent independent problem solving, critical thinking, strategic thinking, and quantitative analysis skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong Interpersonal skills as well as ability to influence and develop business relationships.
5. Advanced Excel knowledge including, but not limited to, pivot tables, v/h-lookups, netted functions, macros (Visual Basic is a plus).
6. SAP project systems and SAP ECC and BPC are a plus.
7. Demonstrated ability to succeed in a deadline driven environment, executing high quality deliverables.
8. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
9. Ability to understand/interpret complex data and communicate in a simple way across functional groups.
10. Ability to perform relevant research in different accounting standards, predominantly US GAAP and IFRS.
11. Ability to effectively develop and evaluate team members.