We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec is hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in Berkley, MI. If you are interested in working on sustainable, integrated building solutions, then joining Stantec as a Senior Electrical Engineer could be your most rewarding move.
The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for our clients. Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and their experience making decisions to complete assigned responsibilities from leadership. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class design firm. The role is to lead all size electrical projects and work as a team member of a larger project. This person should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer all electrical systems or products for a project.
- Serves as the Engineer-of-Record and internal technical design expert on assigned projects
- Supports project requirements including basis-of design narratives, opinions-of-probable-cost estimates, drawing documentation, systems design and technical specifications
- Collaborates with project managers and supporting design staff
- Actively participates in the development of design staff through work on projects and serves as a trainer, mentor and resource for junior staff
- Handles design development and document preparation in written and computer-aided design formats
- Effectively delegates work to supporting staff
- Performs site visits for field surveys, construction observation, and punch lists
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options
- Reviews drawings and researches code requirements to comply with city, state, and county regulations
- Interacts with key clients and project stakeholders
- Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications
- Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards
- Collaborates with the practice and market leaders to obtain and disseminate technical knowledge
- Periodically acts as QC reviewer on projects and participates in project peer reviews
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors' degree in ElectricalEngineering is required
- PE license required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in electrical power and lighting design
- Ability to independently prepare and review detailed drawings
- Strong knowledge of discipline-specific systems for the built environment
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards (NEC, NFPA 72 and 101, and the International Building Code)
- Experience with Sustainable Design and Alternative Energy; LEED AP certification is a plus
- Functional knowledge of Revit MEP, current lighting calculation software (AGI32, Visual), and power study software (SKM, ETAP, Paladin DesignBase)
- Familiarity with various construction delivery processes
- Knowledge of specialty calculations applicable to design discipline
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional experience in designing educational environments preferred.