Principal is currently recruiting a talented individual, who possesses both high integrity values and initiative, to fill a Senior Accountant role in our Principal Global Investors (PGI) business unit. In this role the individual will be part of a team of Global Shared Service Analysts responsible for analyzing and researching the total cost structure of the global shared services as well as the allocations to PGI’s Boutiques, Investment Platforms and Distribution channels. This role will also be a liaison between our offshore offices and the PGI Des Moines team and will oversee transactional accounting functions including journal entries, reconciliations, and reviewing support for balance sheet accounts. They will also be involved in presenting the results to senior finance leaders and upper management as well as the global shared service heads. There will be involvement in projects related to allocations, PGI’s reporting structure, international offices and others that the team is working on.
Responsibilities will also include:
- International transfer pricing
- Coordination of the financial forecast for the offshore offices
- Review of the accuracy of financial data/statements with a focus on non-recurring items
- Additional responsibilities include compiling data, analyzing statistical information, and preparing financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of relevant experience required
- CPA or other applicable certifications preferred
- Strong problem solving, leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- An understanding of GAAP and foreign currency.
- Revenue and expense forecasting experience.
- Experience with Essbase, SmartView and reporting software (i.e. Crystal Reports and Business Objects)