Senior Account Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Based out of our Draper, Utah location - Proofpoint is looking for a self-starting, responsible, mature, highly motivated Senior Account Manager who can work well with a team of corporate sales engineers, as well as individually with customers, partners and remote colleagues. This position is primarily an inside sales role with limited travel as needed. The role will demand interaction with large mid-market organizations at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization. Responsibilities include the ability to establish strong business relationships at the executive level, conducting sales presentations, coordinating multiple resources within an account and successfully closing business for Proofpoint. The successful candidate will have possess a strong business acumen, ability to build a strong business pipeline, accurately forecast and close business and have strong interpersonal and presentational skills.
- The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for working with our existing customers in a consultative manner to identify additional solutions from the Proofpoint portfolio
- Drive the entire sales process from start to finish including opportunity identification, introductory meetings, product demonstration, customer Q&A, as well as negotiation and closing
- Develop, customize, and utilize effective close plans to navigate and manage the sales process
- Team up with our world class Sales Engineering team to devise and execute account strategies and plans
- Engage with our rapidly expanding channel partner network to educate, inform, and drive incremental revenue
- Interact with the management team in 1-1, team meetings and via forecasting and reporting to provide critical updates, and strategic account planning
- Provide outstanding and high touch customer service, including escalation and coordination of support issues as needed
- Become a perpetual student of Proofpoint products, and the ever changing CyberSecurity industry!
- Senior level team members will also help coach and develop newer team members, as well as participate in the interview process
- You can achieve your quota, but quite frankly we would love you to blow it out of the water!
- May require modified work hours to cover accounts in other time zones, and occasional travel for key accounts
- Occasional travel as required
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years successful inside or field solution salesexperience generating net new and/or add-on revenue.
- Experience selling to IT departments, IT management & comfortable navigating mid to large size organizations (Executives, IT, Legal, Compliance, Purchasing/Procurement)
- Must have experience selling to C-suite, including CISO, CIO, CTO
- Strong technical aptitude, preferably with Security/Compliance focus
- Proven negotiation skills in a complex sales process
- Must have above average written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Proofpoint’s value proposition
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Willingness to take on leadership responsibilities as needed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM, and web conferencing tools
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!