Job Description Summary:
Protects company information systems and assets by analyzing data, auditing user access, and testing systems for potential threats.
- Conducts network and application security scans and tests by using a variety of technical security tools to reduce vulnerability of company information systems.
- Analyzes networksecurity issues by reviewing logs to establish event timelines and resolve access issues.
- Consults on information security best practices by researching and analyzing company technical initiatives to mitigate risk.
- Audits wireless access by analyzing signal strength and open/rogue access points to identify and mitigate system vulnerabilities.
- Analyzes malware by identifying file signatures, static/dynamic libraries, and network traffic behavior to mitigate risk to company information systems.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Experience: Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Certification: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and/or GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), CISSP, MCSE