Regional Water Practice Lead
15+ years experience • Engineering Services
So what does a Regional Water Practice Lead at Michael Baker International do?
You will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the firm’s water strategies andgrowth in Central/South Texas Region. This seller-doer position will involve close partnership and coordination withour national water practice team and regional management team. You will develop and drive the implementation ofthe strategic business development plans to expand the firm’s water practice in terms of hydrology & hydraulics, drainage design, flood control, stream restoration, natural channel design, water quality, green infrastructure, resiliencyand surface water expertise. This will include capturing and developing new market opportunities and expandingnew service lines to existing relationships within the regional and national marketplace.
As a key part of our Regional Water Leadership Team, you will work with Michael Baker’s senior Management andstaff across the firm to execute projects, develop our staff and increase the firm’s business in water and to facilitatethe exceptional delivery of projects to our clients. You will serve as subject matter expert and advisor for projectteams. You will identify and leverage trends and future opportunities in marketing and Business Development. Youwill participate in activities such as assisting in relationship development with key clients, identification of specificproject opportunities, positioning for targeted identified pursuits and supporting preparation of proposals and forinterviews. Post award, you will be involved in contract/scope negotiations. work plan development and execution.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Regional Water Practice Lead?
- You will develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with key water clients across the region.
- You will determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
- You will proactively identify programs and pursuits with specific, targeted states, projects, and clients.
- You will work with our National Water Practice Leader and Regional Director, Office Executive, client service teams, local offices, and divisions in the development of targeted client service action plans.
- You will participate in ongoing strategic positioning for major water project opportunities.
- You will manage client relationships and guides the application of Michael Baker services within a specific practice area to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- You will be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership
- You will be responsible for operational profitability and project delivery.
- You will develop our water team and mentor younger engineers and project managers.
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- As a Regional Practice Lead, you may see a clear shot into a National Practice Lead role, Office Executive, Regional Director, and eventually to the C-Suite!
Could you be the Regional Water Practice Lead we are looking for?
- You will need a bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited program and a Professional Engineer (PE) License. If you have an advanced engineering degree, even better.
- You will need at least 18 years related experience in the execution and management in the water market place.
- In order to succeed, you will need knowledge of regulatory issues and key players in the Central/South Texas water market.
- You will have to have a proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
- Because this position will involve a great deal of public speaking, and general communications, you will need excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly andeffectively present complex information to all levels of senior leadership, employees, management, clients andpublic officials.