Regional Sales Manager, Southern Region
Preferred Job Location
Dallas (open to major cities throughout the states of Oklahoma, Kansas or Missouri)
- Champion and support the overall South Region business plan, and future growth programs and strategies for MetLife Expatriate Benefits within the region, while helping achieve aggressive growth targets.
- Act as a strategic business partner to provide creative business thinking, and marketplace insight to MetLife Expatriate Benefits management, including key internal partners within marketing, operations, distribution, underwriting and finance functional areas.
- Own key sales relationships, and the sales process, of global group insurance products directly to clients, or through broker/consultant relationships, throughout the Southern Region.
- Prospect, grow and maintain strong relationships with brokers, clients and MetLife distribution partners throughout the region.
- Cross-sell, educate and develop both broker and client growth strategies, with MetLife US Group Benefits Account Executives.
- Become a trusted expert in expatriate benefits throughout the Southern Region market space and represent MetLife Expatriate Benefits throughout the region as its sales champion at market-facing industry events.
- 5+ years previous experience successfully selling/servicing group insurance related products.
- Appropriate insurance licenses are required. Applicants who already hold any required licenses are preferred.
- All required licenses must be obtained and in good standing within three months following the date of hire.
- Enjoys working independently but collaborates successfully, in selling services and products to group clients.
- Proven track record of growing a book of business through product sales, prospecting efforts, upsells, and renewal support.
- Ability to promote, sell, and educate others on the following international group insurance products: Expatriate Benefits including medical, dental, pharmacy, vision, life, disability, accident and business travel products.
- Can position cross-channel product offerings, and drive education within a domestic sales distribution force.
- Strategic Account Planning - builds reciprocal relationships with clients through open communications around mutual goals.
- Provides financial consultation to client organizations while exhibiting solid financial decision making capability.
- Maturity to help resolve escalated service or sales issues in a professional and experienced manner.
- Has savvy presentation skills and competence during client finalist meetings.
- Has experience in managing all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, development of broker/client relationship, and closure/implementation of the sale.
- Entrepreneurial leadership and development of business initiatives to drive enhanced growth within a corporate structure.
- Global/Expatriate benefits sales and/or service experience, and knowledge of international cultures is a major asset.
- Fluency in multiple languages (French) is a plus.
BA or equivalent work experience