The Regional CFO is an integral part of Acadia’s leadership team and expected to participate in the financial and functional decision making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the Region’s Operational and financial goals. The Regional CFO will play a key role in directing the analysis and interpretation of financial information of the Region and all related activities; supports the completion of strong business plans and budgets; evaluates alternative courses of action and ensures that the revenue cycle operations are performed at a high level.
- Ensures that each facility assigned has a qualified Facility CFO that has been properly trained. Participates in recruiting of Facility CFO’s. Provides Facility CFO with ongoing feedback of performance including any necessary PIPs or corrective actions.
- Routinely visits assigned facilities to review financial operations and provide Facility CEO, Facility CFO and Division CFO with feedback and guidance.
- Provides the Regional Vice President and Division CFO requested information related to the Region’s financial operations.
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly forecast, ensuring accuracy and validity.
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately. Provides guidance to the facility CFO’s during the month end close process.
- Ensures that all facility balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with Acadia policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely. Performs requiredbalance sheet reviews in compliance with the Internal Auditschedule.
- Ensures that the facility CFO prepares corporate requiredreports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Participates in the Monthly Operating Reviews with Acadia Senior Management and provides explanations and insight for each facility assigned.
- Ensures Facility CFO has implemented all Acadia accounting and business office policies and requiredinternal controls are in place to facilitate a cleanaudit with no audit adjustments or deficiencies found.
- Provides direction to Facility CFO regarding Revenue Cycle Operations to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance.
- Ensures facility CFO maintains a thorough working knowledge of federal, state and managed care reimbursement methodologies to ensure that facility is paid accurately and revenue deductions are recorded accurately. Ensures Facility CFO provides the necessary information to prepare any required cost reports.
- Ensures Facility CFO prepares the annual operating budget and participates in the annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Ensures timeliness of preparation, reviews the budgets for accuracy and ensures that key indicators are trending appropriately. Provides ongoing analysis of variances from budget and assists the Facility CEO, Facility CFO and Division CFO in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
- Ensures Facility CFO prepares annual capital budgets timely and that Capital Equipment Requests are completed accurately and incompliance with Acadia policies. Ensures that Facility CFO records assets and related depreciation accurately and in compliance with Acadia policies.
- Assists Facility CFO in providing financial expertise in planning new services including preparation of pro-formas.
- Provides guidance and assists the Facility CEO, CFO and Division CFO in ensuring facility is staffed appropriately and that productivity goals are met.
- Reviews managed care contracting and other business development activities to ensure net revenue maximization.
- Maintains a current knowledge of healthcare industry trends and changes and ensures facility is prepared and compliant.
▲ Read less
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field with major in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years progressive successful CFO experience in a healthcare setting, previous Regional CFO or multiple locationresponsibilities highly desired.
- Previous Behavioral healthcareexperience highly preferred.
- Previous experience with a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
- CPA or Master’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrates strong technical accounting and finance skills.
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.