We are currently seeking a Safety Manager to support our leaders in our Central Region which includes Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota, and parts of Utah. This position is located in The Centennial, CO and you will expect to travel approximately 80% of the time. The Central Region has over 2000 employees and over $650 million in revenue. In this position you will report directly to the Region Vice President and Director of Safety. The main duties of this job is to train our supervisors and managers how to build a strong safety culture.
- Coaches and trains district level managers and supervisors on safety policy and accident/injury prevention.
- Supports district level managers, drivers, and employees with safety training programs.
- Initiates safety projects and initiatives that provide district management with the tools and training to conduct their activities in a safe manner.
- Responds to DOT and OSHA complaints and notices of violation on behalf of the Company and argues the defense for the Company and the district involved.
- Facilitates the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Monitors District completion of corporate required Safety Performance Tasks (SPTs) for the current year, and develops or recommends region specific supplemental safety policies, programs, and goals that is coordinated with and which complements SPTs.
- Assists or Conducts district facility reviews for compliance with regulations and policies.
- Conducts accident/injury investigations in line with the corporate Safety and Claims Managers, as required.
- Assists with the integration of new acquisitions and initiates the safety culture transition into the Company.
- Analyzes accident and injury data for trends and recommends appropriate programs to reverse the trend.
What You Have To Have:
- 5+ years Safety Manager experience for a large multi-state company.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)