Vroom is seeking a mid- to senior-level Recruiter. This role will position our teams to attract, source and recruit the best talent, both internally and externally. They will manage requisitions across job levels and job functions, for teams including Accounting, Marketing, HR, and Sales. These roles and their hiring managers will be located mostly in our New York headquarters, and some may be in our offices in Houston, TX.
ThisRecruiter will assist in identifying and defining thesupport needs of their hiring managers, facilitate hiring discussions, seek consensus and then complete assignments with full-cycle recruiting responsibility. This individual will work to creatively provide a diverse slate of candidates for all vacancies and opportunistic hiring without dependencies on outside search agents. The rightRecruiter will be adept at collaborating proactively with hiring managers, interviewers, and theHR team. This role is based in New York City andreports to theRecruiting Manager.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers related to recruiting process
- Source, screen and present qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Solicit feedback on candidates to refine recruiting strategy as applicable
- Assess and evaluate candidates over the phone and in person
- Provide candidates with frequent, timely communication throughout recruitment process, share manager feedback and appropriately disposition all candidates
- Educate candidates on the culture, growth potential, compensation and benefits of working for Vroom, selling both the company and the opportunity
- Establish a rapport and partner with the appropriate stakeholders for candidate development and offers
- Conduct appropriate compensation conversations with both hiring managers and candidates to ensure closure of offers
- Complete other projects as needed
- 5-10 years' experience with full project life cycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment, startup exposure a plus
- Ability to adjust, re-prioritize and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Drive to continuously raise the talent bar within an organization
- Appreciation of and ability to advocate for the value of diversity and inclusivity of gender, race, background, and diversity of thought
- Strong ability to assess talent
- Experience with compensation negotiations
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with different types of candidates
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster strong relationships with hiring managers at all levels
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental & vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.