at Pocket Gems(View all jobs)Company
Episode is a mobile storytelling network and platform created by Pocket Gems. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 3 billion episodes (equivalent of ~57,000 years) across 60,000+ stories. Over 6 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Pretty Little Liars.
We are seeking a Recruiter to join Episode. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small yet growing team! Episode is not only one of the top content creation platforms but is a technology company that’s transforming mobile entertainment and mobile storytelling. This Recruiter will have the opportunity to meaningfully impact our growth in areas such as product and analytics. At Episode, hiring top talent is critical, so we need someone who understands the importance of hiring the best and has the passion and desire to make an impact.
- Source the best candidates, interview, offer, negotiate and close
- Effectively engage with the hiring team in order to understand their needs
- Own the strategy to recruit niche candidates in limited talent pools, including driving a recruiting plan, building research, industry profile development, networking and direct sourcing
- Network and maintain relationships with key talent communities for short and long term opportunities
- Ensure that candidates understand and embrace Episode’s vision and culture
- Use data and business acumen to educate hiring managers on how to identify and acquire the best talent
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Tech industry experience is a must. Entertainment recruiting experience is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in full-life cycle recruiting with a strong hiring track record with product / analytics roles.
- ATS experiencerequired. Greenhouse is a plus
- Extremely flexible, proactive, highly organized, ability to shift priorities, and able to multi-task
- Ability to build meaningful relationships and influence hiring managers
- Team player with a high sense of urgency; able to interact across all levels of the team
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.