Wolverine Advanced Materials produces and sells performance-critical, specialty elastomer-coated metals used in gaskets for automotive & industrial applications; automotive brake noise insulators and NVH (noise, vibration & harshness) damping solutions for automotive. Wolverine employs approximately 600 people worldwide and has manufacturing operations in Blacksburg, Va., Leesburg, Fla., Germany, and China, as well as sales & technical offices in Michigan, Germany, Japan, China, Brazil, and India.
The Quality Manager will lead and drive the quality related aspects of the manufacturing strategy for the two manufacturing plants in Blacksburg, Virginia. This position will support the quality efforts for the team by using and deploying the Wolverine (WAM) Quality System. Provide quality support to customers, suppliers, partners, and the support/service of other functions on the core team. Manage the quality strategy of the project team to facilitate continuous production and improvement of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. This position has the responsibility for driving and aligning the quality system and practices for the broad manufacturing team.
· Deploy the Quality Management System, which include the Quality Manual with associated policies and procedures that comply with international Quality standards as well as WAM practices for the Blacksburg plant.
· Strategically define the Critical to Quality elements of the product/process, and the knowledge to effectively analyze, assess and mitigate the risks associated with any potential failures.
· Champion the deployment and application of the Quality System throughout the two manufacturing facilities in Blacksburg, VA. To include the tracking, monitoring, and reporting related to the level of deployment.
· Ensure the plants comply with applicable company, customer and industry-specific Quality requirements by conducting the necessary audits and assessments and determine system effectiveness.
· Continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Quality Management System through the use of the Quality policy, Quality objectives, audit results, analysis of data, management review, and corrective / preventive actions.
· Ensure the utilization of defined processes that represent a structured, disciplined, and repeatable framework for the planning and execution of the Manufacturing Strategy program and projects.
· Provide support to the Supply Chain Management team relative to Supplier Quality activities of the project as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the suppliers and partners. This includes the feedback of supplier performance to suppliers.
· Analyze key Quality-related operational metrics related to both the plant dashboard and customer systems (if applicable) and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
· Drive the implementation of best / transferable practices for the Blacksburg plant to establish world class equality.
· Recommend new or leading-edge technologies, methods, tools and procedures on the fields of quality assurance and continuous improvement to proactively address changes in the business environment.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
5-7 years of quality / operational excellence experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United State without company sponsorship
Experience leading cross functional teams and/or direct reports
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
IATF 16949 Lead Auditor
American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
Experience with Minitab, Excel
AIAG Core Tools Certified
Problem solving skills such 8D RedX, Fishbone Diagram
Hands on mechanical / manufacturing experience
Demonstrated knowledge of Quality assurance and Continuous Improvement methods, approaches and tools, methodologies
In-depth experience with the practical application of Quality tools, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies
Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management Systems
Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Solid computer skills
Ability to effectively influence and impact across work groups and at all levels in the organization.
*Wolverine Advanced Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Req ID # 6999BR