Growing Manufacturing firm in the Buffalo, NY has a need for a Purchasing Agent. This is a full time position with a full benefits package. If interested please email your resume to us.
General Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Management and sourcing of following spend area's: - Strategic and not strategic raw materials - Packaging - Subcontractors / 3rd party production and/or storage - Trading business - Investments - New equipment and replacement of equipment - MRO-services and materials - Services facility, HR, IT and EHSQ - Insurances - Maintenance & Engineering service providers - Utilities (gas & electricity
- Management and Sourcing of Logistic Service Providers (LSP's) for packed, bulked and maritime transport
- Procurement of all above mentioned spend area's
- Objectives including cost reduction, reliability of supply and quality
- Education: B.S. in Engineering, Economics, Business, or equivalent
- Required Knowledge: SAP MM basic knowledge
- Experience Needed: Min. 7 years' experience in a medium size production company, preferably in chemical industry
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand and interpreting complex market situations.