- Provide overall management direction for self-perform power generation and utility projects ranging from $1 M - $20 M.
- Implement Company Safety Policies into all aspects of the project
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Assume appropriate responsibility for financial outcomes of projects, including erosion of profit, cost over-runs, and accuracy of reporting.
- Assisting in providing knowledge and direction to crews which ensure high standards of quality being performed.
- Actively manage crews of self-performing trades
- Thoroughly understand Owner’s contract requirements and initiate and manage changes accordingly.
- Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- On union projects, may assist in jurisdictional disputes and negotiations as required.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain official project logs and documentation files.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, logistics, and engineering functions as required.
- Possesses ultimate authority on assigned project and reports to the Project Executive.
- BachelorDegree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent relevant professional experience and training.
- 10 years supervisory or equivalent experience in power generation and utility projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams from contract award to project close-out.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); Company policies, procedures and standards; and union jurisdiction, labor agreements, negotiations essential.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required.
- Ability to travel. Person can travel 100%, does not need to be in Detroit.