The role is primarily the execution of capital projects, but also includes an element of providing professional support to the site inother areas. The outline of the role is given below.Project Execution
- To manage industrialinvestment projects (new installations, modifications to existing installations, demolition) within the safety, cost, schedule and quality objectives agreed with the site/GBU in order to support site/GBUs ongoing development.
- This includes:
- Assistance in engineering studies and design to fully define project scopes
- Working with the site engineering and maintenance teams in project development & execution
- Engagement and management of external contractors as required in project design and execution to meet project objectives
- Development, control and reporting of project costs and schedules
- Participate in and where appropriate lead the development of improved engineering procedures, standards, and methods
- Develop and maintain specifications and procedures for equipment design, installation, and maintenance.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of applicable regulations and standards (HSE and technical) in project design and execution.
- To support site HSE objectives via completion of safety study actions, compliance with management of change procedures, documentation updates etc.
- To support site improvement initiatives in the areas of Safety, Quality and Operations Improvement through utilization of a continuous improvement culture
- Lead selected work process and Area Improvement Team initiatives using different methodologies (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
- The role requires a professional engineer with a minimum of 10 years proven experience in a chemical plant or related industry
- BS in Engineering preferably Mechanical or Chemical
- Project lead experience for projects up to $1M
- Experience with cost estimates, tracking schedules, developing and tracking Capital Project Requests and supervision of contractors
- Project design experience a plus.
- Experience working with hazardous materials.
Job ID GBU003622