Salary depends on experience
Posted on 08/30/17
Las Vegas, NV
8 - 10 years experience
Advertising & Marketing Services
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 08/30/17
ICON is seeking a local Project Director to assist the project team with daily activities related to the project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Project’s Project Executive.
- Manage the day-to-day project implementation by ICON, including direct management of all staff including but not limited to the Project Controls Manager, Project Field Manager and Project Coordinator.
- Manage Project design, construction and other Owner direct contracts on behalf of the Client, typically including the architect’s agreement, construction contract, consultants such as traffic study, survey, geotechnical, third party testing, and FFE contracts.
- Track Project Budget and Schedule compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Client’s representative(s) on status of the Project Budget and Schedule, including any pending issues that may impact either. Prepare and obtain Client signoff on approval letters reflecting any changes to the Project Budget, Schedule and Program.
- Establish solid working protocol with the ICON staff as well as the staffs of the design team, construction team and other key consultants.
- Assure a positive working environment for the entire Project Team to mitigate issues that might interfere with the ability of the Project to be successful.
- As necessary when directed by the Project Executive, develop and manage the Project Team in a Value Engineering (VE) process, and monitor the incorporation of agreed upon VE items into the contract documents and the final design documents. Assure that proper logs are kept for reference and guidance.
- Ensure that a comprehensive monthly report is prepared and submitted in a timely fashion. Confirm form and content of such report with the Client.
- Assist the Project Executive in finalizing the construction costs, including the review and negotiation of the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) for the Project.
- Establish and attend regular Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings for the Project pertaining to monitor schedule, submittals and RFIs, Change Order review, and quality control, among other things.
- Manage the work of the design team to insure that the team is focused on their task and making the necessary commitment to achieve the predetermined delivery dates, scope and budget with high quality work product.
- Oversee and monitor the daily progress of actual construction and quality control on the job site.
- Monitor and track the use of any allowances or contingencies, whether used by the contractor and/or the Client.
- Analyze all change order requests. Respond in a timely fashion to delay notices, time extension requests, and submitted change order requests. Engage others as required to understand the change and its cost implications in order to negotiate terms and conditions with the contractor before the work is performed.
- Establish a protocol for review and approval of the contractor’s monthly pay application.
- Monitor the status of construction submittals, both when received from the contractor and also when returned by the design team.
- Establish the final listing of necessary FFE equipment and products and develop a schedule for procurement, delivery and installation, as required.
- Assist the Client in obtaining necessary Government and league approvals, permits, entitlements, etc. Monitor the contractor’s progress in obtaining a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) and final Certificate of Occupancy (CO).
- Help facilitate commissioning of the new venue.
- Monitor the ICON staff with respect to work load and capabilities. Assure that ICON staff has appropriate office space on site to work efficiently and within an environment suitable for our employees.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including the use of complex functions, various formatting techniques, database sorting/filtering and overall creativity when assembling, analyzing and presenting data.
- Familiarity with the Construction Specifications Institute (“CSI”) Division structure, construction change orders and like documents, budget formats, and architectural/engineering plans
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Multi-tasking and the ability to problem solve and master new concepts in a short period of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering or 7+ year’s relevant experience in the construction or a related services industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Overall, the Project Director will be detail-oriented, organized in thought, process and action as well as creative, analytical and collaborative.