We're searching for a dynamic product manager to help us take Pivotal Tracker to the next level and redefine how teams around the world collaborate to build great software.
In 2006, we built Pivotal Tracker to simplify constructive communication, make priorities clear, and allow projects to adapt as customer needs evolved. Thousands of teams across the world rely on it every day, from open source developers to fast-growing startups and high-profile, established companies. Building reliable software is in our blood; we know this stuff because we live this stuff. And yet, Tracker doesn’t just supportiterations—it is iterative. Because software is never done.
We’re also a keystone in the Pivotal experience, which is transforming how companies—from small startups toexpansive enterprises—build software. Together, we’re using proven practices, combined with deep technical expertise in consumer web and mobile application development and enterprise automation to help teams evolve their collaboration and agile development so they can continuously deliver quality software.
Team Tracker is a parade of individual personalities who Voltron into a passionate unit, greater than the sum ofits parts. We’re nimble and focused, with a dash of idealism, a fondness for turtles, and a Support mascot named Pierre. We have partners, kids, dogs, cats, and two different sizes of donkeys. We have team outings (e.g., picnics, curling, and paintball), can hike and cycle with the best of them, and have a fondness for ice cream retros.
We're looking for a Product Manager to join that team in Denver, CO.
- Have a vision that you stand by and want to execute.
- Will get your hands (and brain) dirty by brainstorming, researching, and iterating as part small cross functional teams to solve customer problems.
- Conjure your powers of careful and deliberate prioritization to create an actionable backlog of user stories that will drive development and continuous delivery of software for hundreds of thousands ofusers around the world
- Inspire your peers to think outside the box and always put the customer first.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to promote Tracker via blog posts, webinars, events, and more, aswell as identify customers for success stories
- Help innovate and iterate on the team’s agile processes and share what we’ve learned with the user community.
- Are OK with occasional travel to other Pivotal offices, customer locations, or community events.
- You’ve spent at least two years getting your feet wet with product management, especially with web-based or mobile products.
- You're a bit of a dreamer, an idea person...but you want to make sure those ideas and dreams aregrounded in reality and truly solve customer problems.
- You've been told you can really control a room, and impart your strong leadership and communication skills on those around you.
- You get along well with others and can work collaboratively with engineers, designers, testers, customers, stakeholders, and yes, even other product managers
- You’re familiar with both Pivotal Tracker and our competitors.
- You have previous success working with cross-functional agile development teams.
- You have at least some background in design or software development.