MobiTV is looking for a Product Manager with a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to communicate with all groups in the company and have proven leadership in deploying video services across multiple screens (OTT Streaming Devices, tablets, smartphones, browsers, etc.).
Another critical aspect of the role is collaboration with our creative design team, platform facing product managers, program management and an engineering team to define product release requirements and timelines. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist of your product offering, working with the sales team and key customers across the globe.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of media, live and on-demand services, applications and some experience delivering high quality, scalable and industry-leading solutions that satisfy customers, partners and ultimately the end user.
Candidates must be prepared to demonstrate experience relevant to this role.
· Lead effective design sessions culminating in product requirements ready for development
· Understand the problems our customers, partners and end users are experiencing and find innovative solutions
· Effectively support the engineering team throughout sprint development cycles by proactively removing roadblocks that may impact on-time delivery and quality of service
· Oversee ongoing releases, priorities and roadmap planning
· Drive clear decisions on scope and 1-n ranking of roadmap items
· Educate internal teams about industry, market trends and competitive landscape
· BachelorDegree (Computer Science or a related technical field is a plus)
· Understanding of the technologies and life cycles of applications
· Strong organization and communication skills to drive cross-team collaboration and management of product backlogs, grooming and prioritization
· Broad understanding of user-driven requirements, as well as technical and non-functional requirements and relative priority
· Self-starter who is energetic, confident and adaptable to market dynamics and customer needs
· Ideal candidate has worked for a digital media company, mobile, tablet, browser and OTT streaming hardware technology company and has experience designing media products used by millions of end users
· Experience and demonstrated understanding of Agile software development process