MedImpact Direct, a subsidiary of MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc., is currently searching for a dynamic addition to their team. If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, we welcome your application. We are a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Product Manager is responsible for analyzing, defining, planning, and managing complex products and services that include new development and enhancements to existing products and services as well as the complete lifecycle for the delivery of entirely new products and services. Working in close partnership with the functional business leadership, this position contributes to the development of the business strategy and subsequently translates that business strategy into product strategies, product development roadmaps and product requirements and specifications that: deliver value to the customer; meet the business operational and financial goals; and provide for the technology solutions, processes and other capabilities needed to scale the business.
The position also leads and mentors the efforts of a multi-disciplinary Product Team throughout various stages of the product development lifecycle, and may be required to lead, guide, mentor, train and develop more junior product managers. Defines and manages metrics to effectively measure the success of product and service deliverables. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and the extent of supervision ranges from moderate, to minimal, to independent based upon demonstrated skill and performance level as defined for the position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively researches and stays abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product’s competitive position
- Following outlined product development and management processes, directs the overall scoping, planning, business requirements definition and delivery of products and services to customers from idea inception through design, development, delivery, ongoing support and enhancement and potentially retirement across the full product lifecycle
- Provides subject matter expertise and best practices related to product development and process management, and is the Product Expert for assigned products, applications and services
- Provides day-to-day management and leadership of business, technology and marketing issues and deliverables affecting products and services within the lifecycle process, ensuring timely and cost effective delivery
- Partners with business stakeholders, end-users and business analysts to define business rules as they apply to processes and procedures and to define and document business requirements and develop work-flow diagrams, functional hierarchies, process models, revenue models, fee schedules, etc.
- Ensures business requirements are appropriately translated into customer deliverables
- Acts as primary contact/liaison between business and technology teams to resolve issues and guide development
- Continues to assess and address functional specifications, non-functional requirements and operational readiness
- Gains internal and regulatory approvals
- Monitors the overall development schedule to ensure the on-time delivery of software development initiatives
- Coordinates and participates in user acceptance testing efforts to ensure the delivered product meets the required functionality, user interface and performance requirements
- Champions the rapid adoption of new application features by conducting demonstrations and producing materials such as tutorials, release notes, help guides, and FAQ’s
- May create new or update existing sales and marketing materials including, but not limited to, product binders, product summaries, sales presentations, proposal language, and product training materials
- Provides product and system demonstrations for new and existing clients and acts as the SME in answering questions and highlighting key system capabilities
- Product champion and steward of the health and well-being of specified applications and solutions
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and seven (7) to ten (10) years of job related experience; or equivalent compensation of education and job related experience in a Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Pharmacy, healthcare, or electronic commerce environment required. Five (5) to seven (7) years’ job related experience in a Product Manager, Business Analyst, Product Analyst, or related experience as applicable to the role with working knowledge of project management principles and methodologies with previous involvement in high-visibility projects is desirable. Familiar with software development processes is also a plus.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office / Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Outlook to create complex documents, manage schedules, and analyze data
- Working knowledge of key business applications such as SQL coding, Oracle forms, Golden 32, MedAccess, MedOptimize, SalesForce, and UNIX operating systems