Our Client manufactures industry-leading commercial and industrial plumbing products for applications in major construction projects. Headquartered in the Southeast Wisconsin area, they serve a diverse customer base ranging from small local facilities to international corporations. The company is approaching its 100th Anniversary in business. This milestone is possible due to their many years of innovation, a superior sales force, their commitment to customer's needs, their dedicated employees, and their vision for continued success.
Under direction from a senior engineer or manager, a successful candidate will be capable ofdesigning new and special products, and improving existing designs using engineering and scientific principles, CAD software, and problem solving skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and passionate about learning, and delivering innovative and high-quality products to defined plans. Excellent communication, collaboration, and analytical skills are essential for success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops robust designs for new, special, or existing products that can be manufactured economically and according to established project timelines.
- Prepares and revises layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics using 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Directs the construction and testing of prototype and pilot products, and analyzes test results.
- Participates in design reviews and failure modes and effects analyses (FMEA) development.
- Interfaces with manufacturing team members to clarify design requirements and assist in resolving production issues.
- Interfaces with sales and technical service teams in resolving field installation issues.
- Directs project workloads for drafters and designers when appropriate.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 0-5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of drafting practices, product structuring, 3D modeling, and engineering analysis techniques.
- Experience developing commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures or systems involving piping, valves, pumps, heat exchangers, or heaters.
- Experience designing with sheet metal, castings, stainless steel, plastics, and composites is beneficial.
- AutoCAD Inventor, Seimens NX, and Finite Element Analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience integrating electro-mechanical controls and sensors into mechanical systems is beneficial.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is a plus.
Please provide a Word file copy of your resume to Doug Franklin, President, Epic Business Strategies – (No Phone Calls Please)