Brand Cool’s Ideal Candidate
You have a passion for all things printed and truly believe that “print is not dead”. While experienced in traditional print processes, you are equally adept at understanding and embracing the technological side of variable data and versioning to reach targeted consumers. Direct mail is your passion and USPS knowledge is like second nature to you. Flexibility is key – with a main client on the west coast, we’re looking for a candidate that can work a flex schedule – from 11:30am-8:00pm EST.
- Estimate projects with outside vendors and manage vendor relationships
- Maintain relationship with print vendors as primary point of contact
- Create production schedules that outline milestones and delivery dates
- Manage updates to production schedules
- Proactively communicate milestone and delivery deadlines to account team; manage successful interaction with a variety of projects from various accounts
- Purchase printing and advertising materials on an on-going basis
- Attend press checks as required
- Conduct variable data audits
- Attend weekly internal status meetings
- Attend financial status meetings; be accountable for the production costs on each project
- Attend creative briefings as necessary
- Ensure all projects are being handled in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Reconcile billing for all jobs, including print, lettershop and postage payments
- May include other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires a working knowledge of all Print Imaging processes required for collateral and direct mail programs. Includes sheetfed, web in offset and digital options, print-on-demand, and all variable data imaging options as related to direct mail production.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of direct mail design formatting and interfacing with United States Postal Service rules and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of quality Color Reproduction is necessary
- Experience with direct mail required, including an understanding of database list management and variable data imaging
- Possess an overall understanding of the various departments within an Agency structure and how they interface with Print Production as a whole
- Proven ability to build strong rapport with both internal and external clients in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required
Education and Experience
Bachelor of the Arts degree in Graphic Arts, Communications or related field preferred. Requires five (5) to seven (7) years of Print Production background. Experience as a Production Manager within a print production department in an advertising setting or other related experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.