President & CEO
Leisure and Travel
Located in the heart of downtown, the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg originally opened its doors in 1975, the first “purpose built” facility of its kind in Canada. The Convention Centre was designed to be a catalyst in rebuilding and revitalizing Winnipeg’s aging downtown. With a stunning state-of-the-art $180M expansion, this premier event hub is a uniquely designed five-level 879,934 square feet facility with over 260, square feet of rentable conference and trade show space. The Convention Centre can accommodate everything from meetings, conventions, trade and consumer shows and receptions, to gala dinners and corporate events.
Due to an upcoming retirement, our client is in search of a President & CEO, someone to build upon the solid foundation that has been established over the past two decades as the prairie region’s leading event facility.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will provide critical leadership and direction to the organization while ensuring that the Centre fulfills its mandate in line with its mission, vision, and values, as a key contributor to the enhancement of the Manitoba economy and the downtown Winnipeg community.
- Report to and collaborate with the Board to develop strategic planning and policy recommendations, annual/long-range strategic operating/capital planning, and provide monthly financial operating reports.
- Develop, and sustain the organizational structure of the Centre and provide strategic leadership to all management personnel for the administration and operations of the Centre.
- Ensure rules of engagement for senior management, and collaborate with them to ensure the effective selection, development, leadership and assignment of staff members.
- Cultivate and maintain awareness of and insights into the social, political, economic, technological and government environments in which the Corporation operates.
- Proactively effect change, and encourage innovation and creativity throughout the Centre.
- Identify, plan and execute the development of additional sources of revenue.
- Build and foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Management experience with increasingly senior responsibilities;
- Destination marketing, hospitality, and/or food and beverage industry experiencepreferred;
- Post-Secondary Degree in Hospitality Management, Business or related discipline preferred;
- Experience and knowledge working with, on and/or reporting to a board;
- Experience working in a unionized work environment;
- Ability to think strategically in a complex, evolving environment and marketplace;
- Strong mastery of key business functions, including operations, marketing, business development, human resources, and financial administration;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influence and decision-making abilities; and
- Ability to influence and market to government, business/industry, stakeholders and the public the importance of the Centre as a key partner in the economic and social vibrancy of the province.
or to apply in confidence for this exciting opportunity, contact Jayelle Morris at . Please send a resume and cover letter quoting project #18102.