President / CEO
8 - 10 years experience • Non-Profit
Horizons, a thriving non-profit organization located in Cedar Rapids, IA, is searching for a President/CEO who exemplifies a hands-on leadership style. This individual will exhibit and encourage team collaboration among all organization departments, including collaboration with the Board of Directors.
The President/CEO is a staple in the organization.
He/she is responsible for the oversight of numerous departments and efforts, including program and service delivery; financial, tax, risk and facilities management; human resources management; community and public relations; fundraising; strategic planning; and board administration and support.
Horizons mission is to instill hope, change lives, and brighten futures by providing life-changing services to under served populations.
Family, teamwork, accountability, integrity, knowledge, compassion, open-mindedness, and building relationships.
Skills and Abilities:
• History of successful leadership, organizational development, fiscal oversight, office administration and volunteer leadership
• Ability and desire to build relationships with Horizons employees, board of directors and community members
• Passion for human services and improving lives via facilitating a welcoming work environment so employees can continue providing life-changing services to under served populations
Education and Experience:
• B.A., B.B.A, or BS or some combination of higher educationrequired
• 10 years of experience in management, program development, and/or related field
• At least five years of varied non-profit/profit development experiencerequired
Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 15, 2017.